Since we have talked I was motivated to make a menu and try to stick to it...
Garlic Chicken Pizza w/ salad
(this is not my recipe but can't remember where i got it from)
1 (16 oz) bottle of Ragu Pasta Sauce (garlic alfredo)
3 cloves fresh minced garlic
3 cups cubed chicken breasts, uncooked
2 minced garlic cloves
4 diced roma tomatoes
1 cup chopped spring onions
3 cups shredded mozarella
2/3 cup parmesan cheese
1. Use either homemade dough or buy some pizza crust
2. Mix alfredo with minced garlic and divide and spread evenly over both pans.
3. Saute chicken with garlic until lightly browned and spread over pizzas.
4. Sprinkle pizzas with onions, tomatoes, and cheeses.
5. Let rise 20 mins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit till cheese is melted and bubbly and crust edges are golden brown- approx 25 mins.
Monday night treat
Crescent Coconut Bars (from Missy Rose's blog)
1/2 c flour
1 c coconut
1/4 c chopped pecans (optional- i use chocolate chips instead)
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree Farenheit
2. In medium size bowl mix the flour, coconut, brown sugar and pecans. Cut in softened butter until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Roll out dough and cover bottom of ungreased 9x13 in baking dish. Press seams together.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk over dough. Sprinkle coconut mix over that and press lightly.
5. Bake 12-15 mins until golden brown. Cool and Cut! Yummy!!
Chili and Corn Bread (I cheated and used a mix for the cornbread)
Chicken Stirfry (see previous post)
1 cup cooked rice (i use the left over rice from chicken stir-fry)
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 c salsa
3 bell peppers of your choice
1. pre-heat oven to 350- lightly grease pan. I use a smaller pan to help the peppers 'stand-up'
2. Mix in bowl cooked rice, beef, onion, egg, salt, and 1/2 cup salsa. Stuff in Peppers. Top with remaining salsa.
3. bake uncovered for 1 hr. until peppers are soft.